Mashood asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Should I fear a flight miss/cancellation/delay ?

This summer I have a flight from London Heathrow at 8:50 a.m. to Cologne Germany landing at 11:25 a.m. and my very next flight is at 1:15 p.m. to Istanbul Turkey my first flight from London to Cologne is eurowings and my flight from Germany to Istanbul is Pegasus Airlines I bought these tickets from separate websites and I essentially have a 1 hour 50 minute layover in Germany and I don't have any insurance like changing the date or time and I know that the Europe law entitles you to compensation if the flight is delayed but I was wondering how often eurowings is delayed and in the case it is delayed and I miss my connecting flight what can be done which I highly hope that it doesn't so I don't miss my connecting flight

You don't have a "connecting flight" since you purchased separate tickets. Eurowings will owe you nothing if their flight arrives in Cologne late. If you miss your Pegasus flight you will simply be a "no-show" and your ticket will be cancelled.

If you cannot print your Pegasus boarding pass at home or have it sent to your phone then once in Cologne you will have to get your boarding pass from the gate agents.

Eurowings will not transfer your checked luggage to the Pegasus flight. If you have checked luggage you will have to enter Germany (go through passport control), collect your luggage, take it to the Pegasus airlines check in desk, and then go back through security & passport control to get to the gate for your flight. 100 minutes between flights may or may not be enough time to accomplish that.

I recommend you call both airlines to see which will do the change for less and arrange for more time between flights.

In another question you indicated the German authorities have fined your relatives in Germany 1300 Euros for some sort of violation you committed. If I were you I would avoid entering Germany until that is resolved unless you are certain the German authorities do not have your name.

• MS

That is plenty of time between flights, so you should be okay even if you experience a bit of delay on your first flight.  You can look up airlines' on-time history, and can usually even look at the history for a particular route.  I suggest you do that for this one.  Because you are right to be concerned - if you are late for your second flight, you will have absolutely no recourse.  You will have to book another flight, which will likely be very expensive since it will be last-minute.  Had these flights been booked on the same itinerary, then you would be booked for free onto another flight; but that is not going to happen when you have separate itineraries.

While that is plenty of time between flights, it would make me nervous.  If your LHR flight is late, cancelled or you miss it  and your ISL flight early, takeoff time changes, etc you have no recourse whatsoever.