Tucker asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

How to stop feeling guilty?

Every interaction I have I feel like I hurt someone in some way. I have a deafening feeling of guilt that won’t go away until I have another interaction and the cycle continues. It only stops when I hang out by my dog. I want to be able to stop feeling guilty around others and start being able to live my life.

Guilt is for criminals, and i assume you're not one. I'm sure you're not hurting anyone. Just treat people the way you'd like to be treated and live your life.

Pray to GOD for help here. Ask GOD for protection from the Devil. Best to keep doing this each day, stopping the devil from slipping back  in. 

With GOD comes LOVE! 

• LP7

You are not responsible for other people's decision making.they probably totally forget the incident the moment you walk away or don't see till the next contact.Your expectations of pleasing others is making you unhappy and feeling obligated for other people's feelings.You cannot be like your dog always there for others.You are human an individual with needs too.

• j153e

For romantic relating, don't abuse or seduce, etc.  Reading "For Couples Only" would likely help; also, "Finding a Higher Love" and Aivanhov's "Love and Sexuality."

For other interaction, don't defraud, binge drink, abuse drugs, gamble, or do porn.  Other than that, you're probably a very ethical person who's aware that human-to-human relationship is quite often unfair.

🥴 I had the same problem?

Practice talking to people. It gets easier. Or just listen. People get easier to figure out that way too.

Trial and error.