promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Do vegans think it's cruel to buy dogs for the sole purpose of herding sheep?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Vegans are idiots who starve their kids and pets and are very abusive and mentally ill

Herding breeds should be only in homes that can use them to herd. They are WORKING dogs and should be worked since they will become neurotic and even destructive in a pet home 

A lot of vegans really believe that its cruel or abuse for a working dog to work

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. That's why I use me Basset Hound puppy to drive my ewes. 

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

1) Dog are not bought for the sole purpose of herding sheep. Many are also beloved pets and companions.

2) Many types of herding dogs move different types of livestock including but not limited to sheep, goats, CATTLE (like Aussie cattle dogs) as well as ducks, geese, etc.

IN FACT: Border Collies are often USED in to run Canada GEESE off RUNWAYS AT AIRPORTS!  Or don't you remember.... how a FLOCK of geese took out the ENGINES & brought down a major airliner FULL of passengers that miraculously landed on the HUDSON (as in Capt. Sully Sullenberger).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2uAk8Yqf4E

Youtube thumbnail

Do you think an VEGANS MIND that work ????????????????????

3) Other types of herding breeds, GUARD livestock (and sheep) from PREDATORS - but it is OBVIOUS YOU HAVE NEVER lived or worked on a farm or with livestock.  Death or MAULING from a predator or harassment & chasing of baby animals is what the dog is there to prevent.  Why would vegans mind that???

4) Some people who do things like obedience, agility and herding work, actually BUY sheep or ducks etc., for the dog to "practice" moving and they NEVER get sold to any meat market.  ANOTHER EXAMPLE of how OUT OF TOUCH with REALITY - YOU ARE.

• 1 month ago

Having a herding breed has NOTHING to do with vegans.   And not all sheep are destined for the meal-table either.   A dog (which are normally home-bred by shepherds) is an invaluable asset to any shepherd.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No one cares what vegans think

• patty
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I'm not a vegan but I believe the sheep herding dog should be a pet as well ie not sleeping outside and getting little human affection

• Verulam 1
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

A good sheep-dog may well live outside, but he is most certainly not lacking in human 'affection'.   He is extremely valued and the bond between shepherd and his dog, a very close one.

• 1 month ago

I know a vegan who bought some sheep to entertain her dog.  True story.

• 1 month ago

Probably not.  Dogs love having a job. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.