promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

Sever anxiety at night for the past few months ?

I don’t know what’s wrong with or what’s gotten into me. I’ve been living on my own since I was 20 years old. My bf of 2.5 years and I broke up last summer. Im living alone again. Since December out of nowhere for no reason I have sever anxiety someone is going to break into my house. Like I have a SERIOUS hard time sleeping every night I’m not sleeping well. I’m not sure why this is happening. I live in a very safe community and I have 3 dogs. I lock my doors every night. I’ve honestly never had an issue here or ever felt unsafe. Any advice or idea why this could be happening? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Movies and TV can help, but psychologists say that people who live alone benefit most of all from TV and radio with real conversations. 

Psychiatrists Brown and Gerbarg, who have published 6 papers on breathing and mental health, recommend a 3-part program of mind-body methods - breathing, meditation, and slow body movement. Incorporate these into your daily life. Be aware of changes in mood and respond mindfully, aware of your breathing. Details here -https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20181... lot of people use this audio from Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for going to sleep. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4gZgnCy5ew

Youtube thumbnail

&t=3s

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Aa
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Think happy thoughts, like a favorite movie or nice place you visited. Breathe in and out slowly to relax. If that don't work, see a psychiatrist who can prescribe you anti-anxiety meds.

Source(s): ..
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Find a man to feel secure.

• 1 month ago

It could be a number of things including PTSD

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.