Weren't Mike Bloomberg and Donald Trump homies for many years before Trump was president?

Why is Bloomberg trying to ruin his pal's career now?

• BOOM
    Favorite Answer

Nobody in NYC was ever a "homie" with Donald Trump. They found him mildly entertaining because he has such an incredible ego and talks about himself nonstop.

No.  Donald Trump has always been on the fringe of New York's elite society.  Don't forget, they read all of the same newspapers and financial publications we all read in New York so they were aware that Ivana had accused him with violently assaulting and raping her. They knew his attorney was fihhting those charges.  They knew he managed to bankrupt three casinos.  They knew he cheated on his wife with Marla Maples.  They knew he hung out with Jeffrey Epstein in Manhattan and in Palm Beach.  They knew he hung out with the Russian mob. They heard him on interviews with Howard Stern, disresprcting his own daughter and other women.  They knew he was blackballed at an exclusive golf club in Florida.  They knew he bought a wildly expensive yacht he couldn't afford and wss forced to sell it.  They knew he took out a full page newspaper ad advocating. for the death sentence for five innocent young boys,  the Central Park Five.  They knew he bragged and lied constantly about his money and "accomplishments."  The New York City elite found him unseemly, uncouth. At times social situations brought the wealthy residents of New York together but to say they were friends....no.

It's fake hatred. Bloomberg entered this race to stop Bernie and that's it. The rich use a two-party system to distract the populace. So, currently he's positioning himself as Trump's biggest nemesis in order to get people to think "hey, these two hate each other and are polar opposites. I want a candidate who hates Trump as much as I do. Deal!" instead of voting for Bernie. It's classic optics. Bernie is the ONLY candidate who is against Trump. The rest are lying weasels out to do the bidding of their corporate donors.

• Jim2

Maybe before Trump showed his true colors they were at least friendly acquaintances. I don't know. But they are not now. Bloomberg correctly sees Trump as the liar and con artist that he is.

• Troy

Political expediency 

• PoBoy

I have no idea what Mike thought of Barking Clown, but I understand that Mike understands the harm BC is doing to the nation. 

• Bro Jest
      1 month agoReport

This notion that the best way to beat Trump is by running someone almost exactly like him is just beyond bizarre.

Trump was always rich

Bloomberg is a rightwing scumbag who chooses his party affiliation depending on who he wants to run against. I expect the other candidates will tear him a new asshole if he buys his way into a debate.

UPDATE: Comments are buggy, so I'll just post my response here:

WTF? All these old videos are popping up of him saying racist crap, justifying Stop And Frisk, saying we should let old people die if they have cancer... pure Republican viciousness. He absolutely must not get anywhere close to the nomination. 

I been looking at the results that are coming out, and it's a head to head race between Bernie and Mike Buttieg. Bloomberg isn't in it from what I can tell.