Anonymous

I feel like my manager has something against me ?

Everytime we work together she is always urging me to go faster at whatever I’m doing, and if I don’t do it right she’ll make it know that she’s annoyed with me. But I’ve noticed that I do a pretty good job compared to other employees, and I’ve noticed that even if other workers don’t do a very good job, she won’t be all up on them as she is with me. She wants me to smile all the time, but I don’t see her telling everyone else to smile, and I know for a fact everyone there isn’t the best with costumer service. Everytime I close the store she always checks every little detail I do, which I wouldn’t mind if I knew she did that with everyone that closes. Sometimes I open and I see lots of BIG details that were missed with the closing shift, I don’t ever miss big things, but she always finds a way to find small errors. She cut my hours, and she gives the new people more hours than me.... I’ve been there for 2 years now, she’s been a  manager for 6 months since our last manger quit. But everytime I’m off she always calls me in needing help, and I go in because I like hours. But I feel stupid as if she doesn’t  want me there , only when she needs me. What should I do. She’s done the “take away hours” before and I’ve told her about it and she always ends up giving me more for about a month and then she starts to take them away. I’m tired of “talking” to her. I need to be in this job because it’s paying for my school, and if I leave I loose all the tuition. 

If you have time to compare yourself to others - notice how they are doing their job, then you are not paying attention to your job.  I can see exactly why your manager has something against you.  Because you are not giving your job your full attention.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.

_______________

Loose is actually spelled L O S E.