promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What would you do? ?

I am disabled and going to be moving out on my own. Now now I get a disabilaty check every month which isn't that much at all. So I going to move into low income. But my father had passed away a while back and left me money which I put away and have not a whole lot but I could buy a new trailer. Or I could live in low income use that money to help me live for a good while but that would mean living in low-income housing which is not so great. But if I went ahead and got a trailer it be a struggle because there be lot rent, cable,Internet,electric,water,phone, and other things like tolitlaper paparplates ECT, I don't think I could afford all that. On top of if something broke I would have to come up with the money to fix it. I don't know what to do. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Lot rent would often be cheaper than apartment rent - just depends on how much of a subsidy you get.  Upside to an RV is you do not have shared walls. 

The rest you would still have to pay living in an apartment.  Spending money on paper plates on a fixed income is silly & completely unnecessary. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I would be looking at what is possible and what is not in your situation...disregarding what is not possible which will leave you with what you can do

• Shay
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some of the expenses you list you would have in both situations.

You pay all your own utilities in both situations.  Electricity, heating, cable, internet, and phone are rarely included in any rent packages.

You pay all your personal items in both situations - food, personal care items......etc.

What you need to find out is how much you will be paying for rent in a low income apartment or house or how much lot rent would be in the location of the mobile home or trailer.  Pick whichever one of those is the cheapest.  All your other expenses will be about the same no matter which one you do.  

Needing money for repairs if something breaks is the biggest drawback to owning a mobile home or trailer.  If you need a new appliance or the furnace needs repaired - it is all on you to take care of those things.  

• 2 months ago

You don't understand low income housing.  The rent is subsidized - that's all.  You still have to pay for your own expenses/utilities, water, electric, internet service, food, toilet paper, etc.  Don't buy paper plates.  Buy china - it's washable and reusable.  Buy a mobile home.  I wouldn't put my dog in a trailer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.