how to get her back?

my gf broke up with me after a open relationship of 4mo. we had been together for 6, and known eachother for just over a year. she loved me unconditionally and allowed me to be part of an open relationship that I asked for after I explained to her that my parents had influenced the idea of dating more people as my dad has had a history of marrying most of the people he went out with even though he didnt know if things were going to work out, but he could never break things off because he couldn't hurt them. my gf and I had full communication of what happened through the duration of the open relationship as that is what we agreed to, and she did it to make me happy (now I see I should have backed off from that when I heard that one..). she stated the night she broke up with me, very suddenly over one night by the way, that she had been through so much hurt and she didnt know if she could ever feel the same about me anymore because she had been hurt so much that she just couldn't feel the same anymore. this happening one week ago, ive been trying my hardest to change, successfully showing her (though we havent been able to hangout since then so this is either over call or message) that I can be such a better person and that I really did want to dedicate to her but I was fearful of doing so. she said that she didnt break up with me for anyone else, yet since then another guy took her out the day before valentines and then asked to date her on valentines and she said yes.

It's interesting to note that a guy didn't ask this question. No guy goes on and on like this... unless he's gay

• Jonathan2 months agoReport

well, through the power of karma and role switching, ive found my self stuck in love with her like she was me, and now I have all the pain and regret of my actions to go along with it. I know this might sound silly, but right now that girl is the love of my life

If you really could be so much of a better person the only proof of that would have been that you were. Your desire to have this "opened relationship" caused all of this. and your logic for wanting it sounds like pure horsesh!t to me. You met a girl that loved you so much that she thought she could accept it, but clearly she couldn't. You abused that love. The damage is done and permanent. Now like a child you seem incapable of accepting the consequences of your behavior. Maybe if you text her and cry " it's not fair" as a 4-year-old she'll take pity on you. I certainly hope not for her sake!

• Jonathan2 months agoReport

blunt, yet true. thank you for your answer.

another piece to this is that the open relationship did not last the whole 4mo, and I started to become more committed, but I never officially told her that I wanted to become dedicated to only her. ive been trying to see her and convince her to give me one last chance to make things right, but she claims that she already gave me so many chances, and the time I had to make things right all along had been wasted and that is most of what caused her to want to break up with me. with this new guy she stated that he saw all of the good things in her, and appreciated her and saw her for her best self, and told me that I never told her that even though no matter what I always came back to her and told her that she was the one I really wanted to be with in the end. she stated that he gave her flowers without having to remind him of what kind she liked, but this seemed odd to me since they had only been talking for a couple of weeks (I know because he was a guy that I started to become friends with for a while before she met him playing games with me). they had only hung out about 3 times before he asked her to be his girlfriend too, but I havent stopped trying to show her my best self in an effort to win her back because I love her so much that I couldn't ever see myself going out with anyone else that I ever met during and after her. Ive been persistent, yet not forceful in my asking, and recently ive been putting the subject aside to try to show her all of the things that she claimed that I wasn't doing during the relationship weather or not I was doing them before such as being supportive and emotionally supportive, and just.. a better boyfriend in her eyes. one last note is that she always told me that she missed another part of me that she saw during the summer, and that was the brightest side of me, but ive been through a lot of stress through the year and was doing my best to stay with her regardless of how hard things were.