Do registered sex offenders deserve to be treated like they're the scums of this earth?

• Clive

Only if you want them to feel so worthless they might as well offend again as it can't get any worse.

Not if they've done their time.  No matter how horrendous the crime, I don't want to judge anyone.

And yet, Impeached President trump was elected

Not automatically, no.  There are people who get forced to register as sex offenders for the most trivial reasons.  For example, in many states an underage boy who has voluntary sex with an underage girl just a couple years his junior will be forced to register as a sex offender and carry that label around for life.  There are people who unwittingly downloaded pornography with underage girls in it, and are on the registry for life.  

And that's before you get into the people who are convicted falsely.  I knew a guy whose ex-wife, in an attempt to gain an advantage in custody hearings, accused her husband of molesting their daughter.  I know the guy and there's NO CHANCE he actually did it, but he and his wife had an UGLY separation, and she made the accusation and ALMOST got convicted, which among other things would have put him on the sex registry for life.  Only late evidence exonerating him saved him from that.  

Is a drunk guy who gropes a drunk girl at a college party a sex offender if she decides later that while SHE wasn't sober enough to say no, and HE wasn't sober enough to say no, that he magically should have said no anyway?  In many states he is.  On many campuses he is.  And there have been public cases of such accusations and convictions along those lines.

This is the problem with a policy like the sex offender registry.  It's a Scarlet A that brings no context, no details, and constantly has increasing marginal things attached to it.  If the registry were REALLY just about pedophiles and ACTUAL rapists, it still would be harsh because you're talking about people who paid their debt to society and were released from jail....but at least everyone would agree that such classes of extreme behavior drew that harsh penalty of being branded for life.  

What sort of sex offender? I don't believe teenage boys are really victims when a female teacher touches them, I know because I was a teenage boy. When they act like victims it's because they smell money. If the teacher is caught she is treated like a sex offender, sometimes her picture is published and I'm like hang on, they would have thought they'd died and gone to heaven.

• Mandy

The scum of the earth is in the White House and holding the majority of the Senate seats.

That depends on the offense. Without further details, my answer would be "sometimes".