lara asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

Seizure while smoking weed?

Idk If I did or not but I need answers. I’ve recently been prescribed onto Fluoxetine again (Antidepressant) but I was with my friends and all I could remember was one minute I was smoking a joint the next, I was on the floor and heard my name getting shouted at, I was turned on my side and as I tried to open my eyes it felt as if I was either in a dream or had been sleep walking, my friend tried to get me back up and my eyes went black dots and my ears started to ring, at this point it was 2am in the rain and my friend had to carry me home. I COULD NOT SEE, I was stuck in confusion and I was seeing things with my eyes shut, every time someone talked I got a cartoon picture in my head. 

I thought I was just stoned, but my friend who carried me told me I looked like I was having a seizure because I was jerking about and my eyes were rolling back and that’s why he turned me onto my side, that’s when I woke up. 

I don’t remember falling on the floor, but I did. 

I need answers, because I’ve been so frightened since. 

Favorite Answer

It sounds like a seizure and a prolonged "post ictal" state. When youre normal, your brain activity is regular and organized. When you seize, the different parts of your brain begin screaming at each other in a disorganized fashion without reading each other and your brain "resets" itself. When your brain starts rebooting, you gain some of your faculties back slowly. Some people snap back to consciousness but they won't remember what day it is or where they are or even who they are. They're just generally very confused. That's called a post ictal state. It can last longer or shorter depending on the person. But it's usually am average of a few minutes...

It sounds like you had a long one. Probably because of the drugs. Marijuana is known to cause seizures in some people, even if they normally don't react that way.

But that's all just heresay really, I wasn't there and I don't know what happened.

A seizure is a medical emergency. When you seize, you stop breathing.

stop doing weed and then this might not happen and i would go see a doctor about it

Your nickname can be little seizures