Promoted
patty
Lv 6
patty asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

do u find lamb fatty?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Depends on how you prep it.  The butcher trims a good amount of fat off to begin with, mainly around the rib bones on a nice rack of lamb.  Searing the meat before putting it into the oven to finish keeps the meat juicy.  Roasting it in a bed of root vegetables (potatoes, carrots, parsnip, onions) til it gets to temperature, at least 135F to 160F depending on how 'done' you want it.  I like it a little pink, about 145F.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

yes so you should trim off as much fat as possible when you eat it because the fat is the bad kind that clogs arteries. Loin lamb chops or kidney chops as the are sometimes called are very lean for lamb and very tasty. Leg of lamb lots of fat bu but very tasty if marinated with some white Greek wine, olive oil and Rosemary and Thyme with crushed garlic then roasted in the oven.and trim off as much fat as you can before serving.

• 2 months ago

Not to be catty, but no, Patty, I don't find lamb fatty. I have seen some that looked pretty ratty, from that cute butcher--he was so chatty!!. The best I've had was with my friend Mattie in Cincinnati.  

Sorry.  

No, what I've had is usually pretty lean.

• Josjuar1 month agoReport

This is golden!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Not much more than other proteins.Proper prep of lamb,(chicken,pork,and beef as well) can all benefit from a good trim (leaving some for flavor).Remove what is excessive and its' quite a bit healthier if that's a concern.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Only when its eaten cool or cold, When its carved warm with a dinner, its lovely.

When its cold, the cooled fat makes it taste greasy. 

• F
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

All animals have fat. Some parts of any animal are fatty, some less so. Lean meat is normally the muscular parts and also the most expensive cuts.

• 2 months ago

Yes, but it's good fat.

• 2 months ago

Lamb is usually not fatty.  The older the animal is the more fat that you will find. 

Properly trimmed though it should not be a problem.  

Even beef, pork and chicken any excess fat can be removed.  Hard fat that will not break down with cooking should be removed. 

• 2 months ago

yes, i think its fatty

• 2 months ago

too fatty. Goat is more meaty.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.