Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

I am 22 years old and have never had sex. With every year I accumulate high expectations! Is there a possibilit that I would be disappointed?

Will sex be boring and not extraordinary as I imagined?

• Will
    Favorite Answer

That depends on your mentality. You either could be very disappointed like I was or you could be brainwashed by entertainment and porn into thinking being sexually active is an accomplishment and contributes towards statistics that make you seem successful.

I am 26 and to me it is a waste of time and pointless. It does feel good, but not as "heavenly" or pleasurable as the hype makes it sound. I also don't think of being sexually active as an accomplishment. What exactly have I accomplished or have to prove by bringing a stranger home, exchanging saliva with her, then thrusting her or her riding me for about an hour, go to sleep, and then tell her to get out. Nothing.

Anyways. As I said in the beginning, it depends on your attitude towards it. If you don't glorify sex, it will likely be a disappointment. If you glorify sex and treat it like it means success, you will like it because you simply had sex. 

• No other at all in my opinion

If it's sex with someone you're not sexually attracted to, it will probably suck

Yes. It takes awhile to get to know your body and for a partner to do so. Then it’s better. Before it may hurt, too.

it is just sex. it feels good, and is something enjoyable to do

i think thats possible, ive never had sex either, just never got a boyfriend

• marty

It depends on who you're with. 

I got bad news and good news for you. Bad- at 22 you are fastly approaching the no going back/ damaged goods point in your life if you don't get it done quickly. Good- the fantasy is much better than the reality. The reality is, women are manipulative, game playing, heartbreakers. So...you lose either way.

Maybe I should've said neutral news?

• NiJo

Many men put up with that. Which shows how good the act of love feels. Why else put up with that?

• Dze

lol its just like eating an awesome meal .. once your done your not hungry anymore and its time to do somethin else ...

• NiJo

sleep