Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

How to handle that my father is disrespectful with my mother?

My father is verbally aggressive with my mother, he always yells at her and has disrespectful manners, also he doesn't care that people may see him doing it.. My mother believes that he is only stressed but I can't manage this situation anymore, I feel that I can't enjoy any time of the day being always worried about how is he treating her. I don't understand his anger and its origin, we don't bring him any problems. Also I try not to lost my mind with his actitude and be respectful with him but sometimes I feel that I lose my patience.

p.d: This issue is not about cops (don't panic please)

he doesn't hit her, only verbally abusive

• LAN

You could start by not mad my up stories online.

Depends on your age,  and a lot of other factors, try to bring it up to your dad how much it pains you, if that doesn't work then you have to deal with being a broken home, sorry it's gonna scar you a little too, but your mom unless she is staying with him for your sake chose her fate, you can't control people, talk to her too, ask her why she puts up with the abuse.  communication is key and move the hell out as soo nas you can

• Kira

This is your mother's problem . Tell her how you feel and ask her what you should do about it.   

It sounds like your mother is willing to accept the status quo with him acting like Mr Scary.  You won't change that. Remember you can always choose whether to be upset about it or not. Maybe before you have kids of your own make sure your partner doesn't have anger issues.

Your parent's just don't give a **** anymore. Dad is like bleh!! whatever. Mum is like **** it, it's easier to stay. They're all out of give a **** and are dead inside.

you probably wont be able to stop him but if hes being abusive talk to cps about it and they might move you out