promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What can I do about my annoying next door neighbours?

I currently live in a duplex with neighbours who are living on rent next door to me and my neighbours are very annoying, they make a lot of noise when they have guests over which is literally every weekend and sometimes during the weekdays as well. They usually buy like 100 cases of beer and make a lot of noise, screaming, dancing, banging on the walls, throwing stuff and singing karaoke very late at night loudly in a microphone etc. Ive talked to police and the property manager numerous times and they have told them every time to be respectful of next door neighbours and keep noise to a minimum. They normally make the most noise at night in the overnight hours which makes me even more angry since i have to go to school and my parents to work. they have been living here for over 2 years and their rent was supposed to be over in December 2019 but extended it for idk how long now. Dealing with all of this noise every weekend has given me a lot of stress and depression and has made me want to stay as far away from my own house as possible. Im hoping to move out soon but that could still take a long time.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

keep filing complaints

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Just continue to complain to the police and property manager - sooner or later they will do something about this.

• 2 months ago

If you make a huge Pest of yourself every single time your neighbors Get Loud, the people who receive your calls will do something about it. Not because they care about your living situation, but because they are sick and tired of hearing from you complaining.

The next time your neighbors make noise, regardless of what time of day it is, call the landlord and then call the police. 5 minutes later have your parents call the landlord and then they call the police. If you have any neighbors they can also hear the commotion over there, have them call the landlord and then call the police.

• 2 months ago

Complain to THEIR landlord.  Does the housing development have rules that prohibit an owner from having nuisances coming from the property?  If so, the housing development's rules could be violated. Even if not, the landlord doesn't want a headache- and if you keep bugging the landlord about the tenants' behavior, the landlord will get sick of dealing with them. At least maybe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Call the police.

• 2 months ago

Month to month lease better. More freedom. If you had that kind of lease, you could just leave in a month.

• 2 months ago

not much you can do but move out yourself if noone will do anything about it

• 2 months ago

Sounds liek this is annoying but not illegal. Not much you can do about it except keep calling the police and move out when you can.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Looks like you will have to grin and bear it.

• 2 months ago

I think the police is just trying to do their work and didn't realize it. However, it seems like this kind of action is seriously taking a toll. One thing I could suggest doing is to ask your other neighbours in the area and see if they are also annoyed by this loud neighbour of yours. If your other neighbours agree with you, then group up together and send a major complaint. It's always better to voice out together than on your own.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.