promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

can I completly free driver update and a free driver downloader?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

What?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Avoid the "free driver update" programs.  They always have hidden ads in them and often steal information from your computer.  They are a hackers delight.

Plus they usually will send you the driver from a third party site, were you have no idea if you are install the actual driver or some kind of a virus filled malware ready to destroy your computer.Instead go to the website of whoever made your computer (Dell, HP, ASUS, etc.) and go to their support section.  Enter your serial number or model number.  It will give you a list of all the drivers for you computer.  Download them from there.

Getting the updates from the actual web site of the manufacturer is the only way to assure that the download is safe.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don't understand the need for driver updates. I worry more about free driver updating apps. It's like inviting strangers into your computer to do whatever they want to without telling you.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Drivers are Free (all of them).  Any Website requesting money for Driver update is ripping you off.   DO NOT down load those programs that offer to update all of you drivers.   Drivers DO NOT need to be updated, unless they stop working.  Then you go to the Manufactures web site.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Enigma
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

IObit has a good free updater   https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php  

• Fred
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Don't update drivers unless:

you get notification from your PC manufacturer

you are having problems or a newer driver promises features that you want

PC manufacturers usually take a generic driver and tweak it for their equipment. Finding a newer driver from another source does not mean you should install it. It may not work properly. I've had recent Toshiba, Dell and HP computers and the manufacturer lets you know if drivers need updating and they provide their own link to that driver.

This does not apply to peripheral equipment that did not come with your computer (printer, keyboard, monitor, etc.) because the computer manufacturer does not know that you have it.  Update that as necessary.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.