promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How to recover from a horrible Sax performance?

I had a performance tonight which for me went bad.   Hit some notes without really resolving them and had some fumbles while playing.  People said it sounded good, but in my soul I know better.  How do I go from here, because my performances have gone down, and now I think I might not be asked to play again next year.  Thanks in advance.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No one is going to tell you that you are bad in fear of hurting your feelings.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Emdog
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

We are our own harshest critics. Can't change the past, but can learn from it. You have until next year to improve your chops it sounds like, so get after it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Keep practicing and move on.  Everyone makes mistakes, you at least realize you can play better and all you can do is work at it.

• 1 month ago

Practice more. Everyone  has a bad day once in a while. It was your turn. No big deal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The best thing is to do is to find out what you can improve and work on it. Don't worry about the part if you get selected or not. Just focus on the improvements. Even if you're not selected, your practice for the future might be able to pay off.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.