promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

is it true that eye-talians, spaniards, Greeks and Portuguese are swarthy whites?

Update:

I know a japanese girl that is paler than some of those swarthy whites 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well I consider the Northern Italians to be normal White people, Southern Italians and Greeks to be Swarthy White people. However, I don't even consider the Spaniards or Portuguese to be White. The Portuguese are Mulattoes (a mix of Sub Saharan African and European) and the Spaniards are mostly European but still have a non-negligible amount of Northern African and sub Saharan African ancestry so they are not pure White.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you people are so obsessed about race's colors.

• Magui
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

As opposed to what? Pale whites...

There are some people who are paler and other people who are swarthier like anywhere else in Europe. Obviously people from Southern Europe tend to be darker than people from Northern Europe.

Every time I hear/read swarthy, I think of... swarthy Germans.

Ben Franklin said: Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. 

• 2 months ago

You don't know anyone from these places then 

98% of Greeks I know have milky white clean skin without freckles or moles 

Northern Italians and Spanish are white 

Portuguese are kinda "more brunette " but still white for the most part 

I know one Japanese / Greek mixed chef his name is Sotiris Kontizas and his Greek wife is very white while he's swarthy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Oliveskins...  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"eye-talians"

Let me guess, you're a native English speaker who hasn't even mastered his own language yet.

• Nunya
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

North Italians, North Portuguese, and North Spaniards tend to be white comparable to Anglo. The southern ones are the more tanned/swarthy looking.

• Magui
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

That's sort of a myth, maybe.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Grow up, darling.

What are you, about 10?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.