I owned a 9 mm Glock 26 GEN 4 The other day I pulled the trigger once and it shot two bullets I was wondering why this happened?

twitch of trigger finger making 2 shots before release. possible worn trigger mechanism. Possible firing pin/striker stuck forward after first shot, second is fired as chambered- a 'open bolt' ignition in effect.

• BBean

Did you use past tense of "own" on purpose? Because that would have been my advice.

Most likely a worn trigger sear release if it is an often thing, have a gunsmith check it.

The mod to full auto keeps the sear from releasing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpx8ovP0kTk

Youtube thumbnail

Like Pokemon as you use your gun and it gains experience it has a chance to evolve.

Your Glock has evolved into a burst fire Glock congratulations!

Might want to take it too a gun Smith btw

• Quinn

Because when the pistol recoiled on the first shot, you accidentally pull the trigger a second time.

That means the gun is defective. The striker is half c.o.c.k.ed by the slide going back, the remainder of the cock comes when you pull the trigger. There is a sear that is suppose to hold the striker back in the half cock position but it is not doing it reliably. You need to send the gun in for repair. If you do not get it fixed it will do this more and more often until you find you might have a full auto gun that you can not control.

• Herman

Not really sure unless the trigger is a problem. Try it several more times in a safe

place and if it happens again I would send it back to Glock. I have never heard

of that with a Glock. I had  a old Mac 10 (made in Atlanta)  that will do that often but it was made cheap

and sometimes it  will empty the whole magazine before stopping.

I took it apart and destroyed it piece by piece.

maybe cause you had two bullets in there, i would be careful with it

• BBean

Pearl, Pearl, Pearl, I can usually ignore your answers but this one is classic and as much restraint as I may claim to possess I`ll have to credit you one "biggy" for this one.

• Rick

some malfunction I would guess.  have you messed with the trigger ????