Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

What do you do when you're having group troubles for a class project?

My group has shut down every suggestion I have made and are actually rather aggressive while doing so. Just recently, a guy from my group said "that's not how I want this to go" when I suggested we include some information and he had actually raised his voice. I'm feeling very frustrated and I feel I want to just withdraw from this project. Do I discuss this with the professor at all? Or let them forcefully take control of this project? Two are aggressive while two others in the group are just silent and let them take over.

Step #1 is having a rational conversation with your group. Don't be overly offended or upset when someone rejects one of your ideas.  Instead, say something like, "Ok, Jake, what direction do you want to go in?," or  you stand up for yourself and say, "Jake, I appreciate how you feel, but this a group projects and this data is critical to demonstrating our theory."

Step #2 is talking to your professor if you feel that the project is failing due to one or two people refusing to be collaborative.  

i would talk to your teacher about it