promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Would Hitler have won if he never decided to invade other countries and just stayed inside Germany instead?

Would Germany still be fascist to this day?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

That's an interesting question. His major rationale for invading Poland and absorbing Bavaria was that the Aryan race had a manifest destiny for more living space (liebensraum). And the impoverished Germans after WWI bought into that.

Moreover, based on the liebensraum manifest, he directed vast investments to build up the arms for Germany. That created lots of jobs and put the economy back together. The Germans were finally living the good life they thought they deserved as the Aryan race.

I guess I'm saying that I'm not sure Hitler could have become Chancellor without the liebensraum manifest and its buildup of the war machine. Without Hitler in power I don't think Germany would have prospered and invaded the neighboring countries.

I don't think Germany would be fascist without Hitler. I think it would have remained a parliamentarian government like it was under Hindenburg before Hitler came to power.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

If he chose not to invade Poland. There wouldn't have been any war to win. However, his whole political philosophy was built around getting more land to the East for German occupation by the German people (living space). He and Stalin would have come to blows eventually.

• Wasn't his main concern about creating a "master" Aryan race? Couldnt he have done that just within Germany's borders?

• 1 month ago

Maybe, maybe not.

No other fascist regime survived long after the death of their original leader - Portugal was the only one that held out for a few years after the death of Salazar. Italy and Germany fell in WW2, and Spain almost immediately became a Republic after Franco died.

But maybe that was because fascism was super unfashionable because of the whole Nazis losing the war thing - let's say they managed to hold on after Hitler died in, say, the late 50s. Whether they'd survive long term would depend on how well other countries did. If the German standard of living fell behind that of democratic (or even communist) countries - whether it was simple economic factors or the liberties enjoyed by the population, then they'd go the same way the USSR did in the late 90s. There's nothing that will bring down a regime faster than seeing people watching colour TV and eating steak while you wait in a breadline and are told by your corrupt government that this is the perfect life.

Who knows, if the fascists did really well then maybe other countries would turn fascist - perhaps Russia wouldn't even pretend to be democratic and would have turned to fascism after communism fell.

• Bryan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is not possible to say for sure. I think WW 2 or something similar would still have occurred except it would have been the western democracies and others fighting against the USSR as they forcibly recruited more countries into their sphere. Hopefully that war would have occurred prior to the discovery of the A bomb, but again, its not possible to know.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If he never implemented Operation Barbarosa. He would have had enough men and supplies to repel any attack from the Allied Forces.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If Trump were President in 1939:

"Jews are being murdered" -- our intelligence agencies.

"Not true." - Hitler

" I believe Hitler. He's a strong leader." -- Trump.

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

If he stayed inside Germany, what would he have won? And the fascists would still have been the Italians if Germany hasn't turned to warfare.....

• 1 month ago

it Would be like a bigger version of Belarus ..

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What’s there to win over if he stayed only in Germany?

Their aim was to regain the German lands that were lost in the Treaty of Versailles ..

• If his aim was to "regain the German lands" then he would only need to be within Germany.

And wasn't his plan to make a master race?

• 1 month ago

Hitler would have one if he would have stopped with central Europe.  He wouldn't have held it for long.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.