I want to open a bar in Orlando Florida...?

So I want to open a bar in Orlando Florida. I have searched the bar scene here and there is none like what I have in mind. Since opening a bar costs quite a bit of money are there any websites or events that I could look at to help me find an investor? also if I find someone how do I protect my idea? I would hate to have someone say "Sure, here's x amount of dollars" and turn around and open it up on there own. I don't believe a patent would work as I didn't invent the idea

Thank you in advance for everyones input

Good news, nobody cares about stealing your idea and "opening a bar in Orlando" is hardly original.

Bad news, nobody is going to invest in this unless you have far more experience than it appears you have (only possible exception is family.)

If you don't have a hundred grand and experience, you would fail. And nobody is going to invest in it.

• Judy

Have you operated bars successfully in the past? Have you created a complete written business plan for this concept? Unless both of these are 'YES' your chances of finding an investor are nonexistent.