Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Any luck on Facebook dating ?

All I got is a few conversations that went nowhere, a bad first date with a guy who ghosted me, and a relationship that lasted a week. I'm not convinced about the quality of guys on there. Maybe it's just my bad luck too. Has anyone else had any different luck?

I'm asking about Facebook dating specifically. I did not ask your opinion on other dating platforms or online dating in general.

• Janet
    Favorite Answer

We can be attracted to someone's physical features, and photos will do that . or not.

But to be attracted to the PERSON, to "click" with them .. that happens only when we meet them face to face .. our subconscious has to respond to their subconscious cues that cannot be conveyed over media.

Don't expect to get anywhere much with online dating. If we "fall" for someone online, it is 90% out own fantasy .. and usually that fantasy falls apart when we meet up face-to-face.

The way to get dates is to become active and join groups, go to parties, etc. Avoid the bar since that is more geared towards hookups only. CARE about people and approach people with genuine interest and curiosity. Sooner or later, one of those people will "click" with you, and then you have a date. If not that person .. then you have at least reach out and bridged to fellow human beings.

Pay for a site like eHarmony or Match. You really get what you pay for. If you pay nothing, you get nothing.