promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Am I allowed to give my co-workers phone number to our manager if they ask for it?

My manager asked me for my coworkers phone number and I didn't know what else to do so I gave it to her. It just didn't feel right giving away somebody else's phone number without their consent, but I was afraid of how me saying no to my manager could affect my relationship with them

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Depends on your employer's policy. Usually the answer is yes.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You should not have given the number,by the way on the employee's application for work the phone number would be there, or the manager should have asked them herself! do not do anything like this again.

• 1 month ago

It isn't illegal. In most cases, you can't be compelled to do so. In most cases, the manager SHOULD have phone numbers for everyone that reports to them.

• 1 month ago

You can give it if you like, sure.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No you could of said that you didn't have it.  Manager was just to lazy to ask her.  No harm no foul.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There are other ways for your manager to access this information.  I personally wouldn't do it, but that's just me. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I wouldn't have, but I'm not you, AND I don't know the background of the issue.

• 1 month ago

Allowed? Why wouldn't you be? There's no law against giving phone numbers out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.