Am I allowed to give my co-workers phone number to our manager if they ask for it?

My manager asked me for my coworkers phone number and I didn't know what else to do so I gave it to her. It just didn't feel right giving away somebody else's phone number without their consent, but I was afraid of how me saying no to my manager could affect my relationship with them

Depends on your employer's policy. Usually the answer is yes.

• PAMELA

You should not have given the number,by the way on the employee's application for work the phone number would be there, or the manager should have asked them herself! do not do anything like this again.

It isn't illegal. In most cases, you can't be compelled to do so. In most cases, the manager SHOULD have phone numbers for everyone that reports to them.

You can give it if you like, sure.

No you could of said that you didn't have it.  Manager was just to lazy to ask her.  No harm no foul.  

There are other ways for your manager to access this information.  I personally wouldn't do it, but that's just me. 

I wouldn't have, but I'm not you, AND I don't know the background of the issue.

Allowed? Why wouldn't you be? There's no law against giving phone numbers out