promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
tomtomtom asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

You know why your dog finds a chews your headphones or earbuds? It's because he or she is trying to get your attention for some reason. ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Usually, unwanted behavior is due to boredom, or too much pent up energy. They need exercise, and a romp around the yard is not enough. walking, playing, & training exercises , what ever it takes, a tired dog is a happy dog.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

No because it's your sloppy and leave things out AND because the dog is bored and not getting enough exercise. If you have a small dog swallowing bits of rubber can KILL your dog because it can block the intestines. If it swallows corded ear buds/headphones then the cord can tangle up and kill your dog.

Keep things like this OUT OF REACH.

FYI this is a question/answer site not a chat room.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Means they need toys and things that they are allowed to chew on/play with and teach them not to take things that aren't theirs. And keep your things with value up where the dogs can't get at them. 

• 1 month ago

No, it is not to get your attention and the dog has no idea of the things' value.  They only know from your scent (on it) that it smells of you and therefore reminds them of you.  Often if the dog is left alone, chewing helps reduce stress or BOREDOM and if they miss you, chewing on something that smells OF YOU - can be reassuring.  

LEARN to dog proof the home and/or pick up after yourself or figure out how to lock the dog out of the room with your valuables., if you are too lazy to do the other options.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You should euthanize it and get a better behaved pet

• 1 month ago

No, the dog has no idea what value you put on your things. Dogs chew & if you don't put things up you don't want destroyed, then it becomes a chew toy. Anything left where the dog can get it, is fair game.

Your dog is a canine & it has canine behavior & your are trying to apply human behavior to a dog. Put your stuff up & out of sight & provide proper toys & things the dog can chew on. Have wide variety of safe chewable stuff.

• Neengefan
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

The behavior is not acceptable for any reason. Dogs don't think things over, or analyze, They are animals, works off instincts, and they live in the moment. But this is a case of too much energy on top of boredom.Drain that energy, you end up with the perfect dog.

• 1 month ago

No. It’s because they smell like you and your dog loves you. Mouthing and chewing things that smell like their human is normal for a dog.

I suggest you keep things you don’t want chewed where your dog can’t reach them. Punishing a dog for expressing that they love you by chewing things that smell like you is cruel.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You certainly do have issues.  "Why did God give men nipples?"

Anyway, your dog "finds a chew your headphones or earphones" because the owner doesn't put them out of the dog's reach.

How do I know that?  My dog chewed up my laptop.  Yes, chewed it up.  Why?  Because she was a baby and I left it where she could reach it.  I don't think she was expressing affection.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.