promotion image of download ymail app
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 month ago

Can I either get a PO box or private mail box and request for social security to send my mail there?

I want to keep using my previous address despite moving. Due to privacy concerns I do not want to update my address. The current address that social security has is a homeless shelter. I'm trying to deal with this ASAP before they get mail and try to write 'return to sender'. I read that would suspend my benefits. I can't have that happen. If I can't keep using the shelter address then can I use a private mail box and have social security accept that? It says that it looks like a normal physical address, but I'm not so sure.

1 Answer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.