promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Do people care if guards give inmates a rough time in jail or prison?

Some of them seem to get a kick out of it from what I saw

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Lawyers certainly do, which is why there are always hundreds of suits going against any given prison at any given point.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I would care, but those guards who bully them, do not. 

• 2 months ago

To be guilty in Jail, they have dishonored themselves before society so jail is punishing them for doing so....Teach Honor to kids and they will live that way and the Jail of hard rough times will disappear....

• 2 months ago

Correctional Officers of today are held to a much higher standard than their counterparts of years ago.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • I care, because these people are still human beings.  I can understand being strict and I can understand being tough, but I don't understand being a bully.  If you treat people like they're animals, then they will behave like animals.  When these people get out of prison, then society has to deal with them.  If they were treated horribly by a bunch of jackass guards, and if they were housed with the worst people imaginable, then they're not afraid to return to prison.  And given that half of the people who are in prison today are non-violent drug offenders, then all we're doing is taking people who made a handful of mistakes and turning them into hardened criminals who'll take what they want and do what they want when they get out.  So having a bunch of power-mad guards doesn't help society.

• 2 months ago

I waa  never in prison,  but my step- brother was. So I care about people  not being treated right.

But it's worse than teating people bad. This comes to bad medical care. He was  in Missouri State prison. People went with toothaches  for--in some cases--the  better part of a year.

Source(s): Worked with Amnesty International. Human Rights group.
  • 2 months ago

Unfortunately, I think it's a big problem. People don't seem to care that much, even saying that the inmates deserve it for doing whatever they did to get put in jail/prison. I can't speak for others, but I think it's wrong and I definitely care!

• Rayal
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They are supposed to be professional and not asswholes to the inmates.

Not all live up to that expectation. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.