Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Am I being too judgmental about this guy?

There's a guy I know who I would see around but not talk to in the past, and back then I had a vibe to just stay away from him in the first place. However, when he came to me saying he was friends with my brother, I decided to try and let him befriend me. It was after that I heard some stories about him from others that weren't the greatest...apparently he was inappropriate, rude, and violent, but he never displayed any of that behavior towards or around me. My brother has grown to detest him for his own reasons, but neither I or him know how to back up away from him nicely--and I want to nicely because what if we're wrong about our bad feelings about him and he's simply just a misunderstood person? This person doesn't know about our feelings towards him. Am I just being too judgmental? He's never done anything bad to me personally...however, I can't shake off the uncomfortable feeling I have around him. Should I listen to my gut or try to understand him better?

Why try so hard to like or accept someone? Are you desperate? Judgement is often confused with prejudice. Judgement is what nature provided us with to keep us alive. Follow nature.