promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 2 months ago

Are the U.S. made beef frankfurters the best in the world ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No one could ever answer that question with any validity unless & until they'd tried every sort of that food that's crated on Earth.  It's pure folly to ask.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

It's a matter of taste. Several years ago on our second trip to Paris, a vendor had a food tent in Tivoli garden. She was selling "hot dogs", actually smoked and cured Frankfort sausages in a split baguette with gruyere cheese. These were exceptionally good and for a few years I always ordered "aught dogs" when in Paris.

• Alpha
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's not bad, but I had Frankfurters in Vienna (Vienna sausages) and Frankfurter from Frankfurt, Germany and they are very tasty.

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

"hot dogs/frankfurters" are Vienna sausages, which are very finely textured and very mildly flavored. Put on a bun or bread with condiments and you have the American hot dog. Which has largely become an American dish. So I would say yes, we like Ball Park Franks except we prefer the standard mixed meat to the all beef. If you broaden that to mean all sausages of which frankfurters are one, then America isn't even on the list of the best. Unless you mean homemade - we've had some fine homemade sausages.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The difference between the best and worst frankfurters is at best nominal. Mostly just regional preferences and availability as to 'the best'. 

Sausages, are a whole different story - Germany has a corner on the best sausage category. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.