promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do you think next gen consoles will enhance previous gen games or just simply emulate them in their natural form?

Obviously we don't know, it's just hypothetical 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Raditz
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

There's bound to be some improvements, just like the current base PS4/XB1 vs PS4 Pro/XB1X version.

And that's not counting new techs like the SSDs, like Sony themselves has demonstrated it last year, when they're showing Spider-Man running on the PS5, and utilizing the ultra-fast SSD techs.

https://youtu.be/QwEWOEbI3Uk

Youtube thumbnail

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Both. There will always be remasters. There'll always be reskins and retextures if not from the studios, then by fans. And, something PC players know... Most games currently out on consoles already aren't pumping out their maximum graphics settings. Like, I own Doom on both PS4 and PC. I thought it looked amazing on my PS4 pro, because... it does! But seeing it at 1440p on ultra settings at 144 FPS is still so much better.

• 2 months ago

Probably offer a performance enhancement since its running on new architecture so even at the same clocks and shader count, it would be forced to run better.. Hopefully it will take use of the new hardware fully for a better performance boost. Seems like games will need to be patched to see a visual improvement.. 

but it would be cool if they somehow could introduce a system wide resolution boost or graphical enhancements to all games with out a patch, but thats unlikely..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.