Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Can I refuse a medical student being in the room if a female gynaecologist is giving me a pelvic exam ?

So I’ve got to see my gyno again in the week the first time I went she asked if she could do a pelvic exam and I said no. I was just feeling uncomfortable with it all especially the medical student being in the same room if I got it done. When I see my gyno in the week, I will get the pelvic exam done as long as I can refuse the medical student being in the room.

Can I refuse the student or does she have to be there?

• Jerry

Usually yes, you can. Anytime I've been with a doc with a med student, he/she introduced the student and asked if it was ok if they were in the room... I've never had an issue, but that's just me...

• PAMELA

No, you can refuse the medical student being there, you can also refuse the exam altogether if you want to, if nothing is wrong why have the exam?

• Tavy

Of course you can refuse.

• cool

yes absolutely, it is entirely within your power