promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 2 months ago

CPU maxing out Windows 10 ?

Okay so last week everything was running fine no issues i bought a new desk so i had to temporally move my pc, i did that then when i plugged eveything back in any game i play seems to now max out at 100% even single core low intensity games and now insta maxing out at 100%, i figured it might be a GPU issue so i uninstalled my GPU and reinstalled checking connections etc etc now i have furhter issues as now my moniter is saying Input out of reach switch to 1600 x 900 and turn off after like 10 seconds.

Specs

Dell Vostro

Windows 10

I5 3470

ATI RADEON HD 5470

8GB RAM

All was fine last week before i moved the PC

even games like Sims2 insta freeze and max out.

Thanks for any help you can give.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

At a guess, you plugged the monitor video cable in to a motherboard video socket rather than the GPU card video socket.

It it's running on the integrated GPU rather than an add-on card, it could explain all the problems.

• ...Show all comments
    • Robert J
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Change the monitor connection while the computer is completely powered off.
      As it starts up, the BIOS should identify the card in use and Windows will use that.

And/or go to the BIOS settings & look for video selection there - most have an option to select which display is to be used.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 days ago

Check out this website https://gpuhub.com.vn

• 2 months ago

Here are some wild guesses, since you will not tell how old that Dell Vostro box is.  Since it is a 3rd Gen Intel processor, with an antique GPU board, I bet almost 10 years old.  Motherboard has the factory coin battery still.

Your motherboard is powered on and dormant (sleeping) when plugged into the wall even when Windows has shut down.  That kept the BIOS settings alive.

But the motherboard battery is dead.  When you disconnected the power cord from wall socket on the move, maybe some of the BIOS settings were lost.

When those settings were lost in BIOS, maybe the setting as to which was primary video source (motherboard output or PCIe slot GPU) was lost.  It went back to motherboard default.  Windows will never look to the GPU for output.

You have to replace that coin battery, and do the BIOS settings again.

Source(s): Using computers since 1962, electronics systems manufacturing engineer, building and repairing PC boxes for decades, college computer classes instructor
  • Dze
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

hard to say but given the circumstance id start with basics, recheck and reseat all external connections, then all internal ...go from there ..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.