promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My father in law moved in and yesterday I found his loaded gun between the couch cushions, and I have minor kids. I’m so angry. ?

Update:

Picked up gun asked FIL if he knew who it belonged to. He laughed and said his , immediately texted my husband and my husband was not bothered. I am so angry I want him to move out. I grew up with guns, my dad was a sharp shooter and hunter, but he also kept them in my parent’s bedroom locked. I haven’t even said one word to my spouse and FIL. We have small kids in the house why isn’t anyone seeing it as a huge error and very careless, dangerous ....

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Tell him he needs to store his firearms in a gun safe or he'll be moving out. But as with most in-law complaints this is your spouse's task to manage.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

And? What's the question?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Confiscate the gun and lock it up in a gun case or safe.  Keep the key in a secret place.  If he wants the gun, he'll have to ask for it.  It's up to you whether you give it back.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I agree. You are angry.

Do you have a question?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

EVERY responsible gun owner sees that as irresponsible, even without children in the home. A loaded gun should ALWAYS be in your immediate control, or in a proper case. Between the cushions is asking to shout yourself in the A**.

• 1 month ago

You knew your father-in-law and this pattern of behavior, for him, was well known before you let him move in. Letting him move in is on you but now you have to kick him out. The family drama will very likely be major but that's the cost of the bad decision to bring him into your house. You just have to do it.

• 1 month ago

suggest you hide the gun. and profess ignorance that he even had one

• 1 month ago

Complain to your husband, not to strangers on the internet who can't do anything.

• 1 month ago

Poor judgement on his part. His guns need to either be locked up, or out of there. Where he ends up doesn’t matter to me.

• Jolene
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So kick him out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.