Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why do people think you're lazy if you're overweight?

I've been an athlete all my life but gained 100 pounds after major knee surgery due to being bed ridden for a long time. I am back to working out 2 hours a day but having a hard time losing the weight. I bet I could outrun and outlast most people who are avg weight.

So do you think it's fair that people think that way?

No, I don't think so but then what in life is fair? Who told you to expect fairness? 

Because you fat! You’re not burning enough calories! And don’t tell me it’s genetic because it’s simple math! Calories in , calories out. You’re not moving enough and burning enough energy for the amount of food you eat

Source(s): Math 101, physics 101, termodinâmica
    • Fireplace
      1 month agoReport

He never said it's genetic. 

What did you think of people your current size when you were an athlete and weighed 100 pounds less?

Be it from your knee surgery or just because you decided to not move for a year, you're the one who just isolated the variable of being lazy as the reason people and you got fat. And you're clearly insecure about your weight with the running statement. P.s., I really don't think you should be trying to run as fast as you can with 100 extra pounds and a newly replaced knee.

You're insecure about your weight which you gained for a valid enough reason. Although you could have made an effort to keep your eating in check but lets put our behinds in the past.

• Imp

Because most heavy people are lazy, you on the other hand just have a big appetite you're an athlete so it's justified. Keep working out you'll lose the weight and that will boil them!

No one looks at you and sees a knee surgery cripple.  They see a fatty who is unmotivated and slow.

If someone looks at you and thinks you are unmotivated, it doesn't matter if you are skinny or fat.  That person sees the unmotivated part.  Guess what?  Your knee surgery gives you extra points.  Express to those that matter that your knee still isn't where it used to be.  Show you are motivated, but don't hurt yourself, especially when you should be focusing on your knee and its flex, ah, full range of motion.   

In cases like yours then it would be unfair to say that but generally I think it is true that people who are very overweight are usually very inactive. 

People like to find easy answers, especially those that make them feel better about themselves and reinforce their beliefs.  They see someone who is overweight, and they decide that person must be lazy.  It makes them feel virtuous, since they're better than that person.

I'm overweight, and I generally work out around 2 hours per day.  Currently in physical therapy due to a rotator cuff tear and resulting adhesive capsulitis, so I'm focusing primarily on my shoulder.  But I'm someone who has, and uses, tools like a Bodyblade and a Bosu ball in my normal daily workouts.  And yet I know plenty of people who are thin and lazy and never work out yet are not judged.  It can be quite frustrating.  

Because that’s usually the case it seems. But not always. What I mean is that by personal experience, I have ten overweight friends, seven of them are actually lazy. The three that are active, just have “That type of metabolism”. So, based on my personal averages, anytime I see an overweight person, I think lazy. Make sense?

• Logan

Totally unfair.  Skinny people are lazy for not carrying around an extra 100 pounds of weights strapped to their arms, legs, waist, butt and back.