Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Would you buy a 2018 KIA with 100,000 miles?

Is it too much miles? It's about 50% price of a new car.

i would if it was below $5,000 hah

• Mystic

100,000 seems a little excessive for a 2 year old car. My car is a 2009 and it just has nearly 138,000 miles.

I would have a lot of questions about this car. I would want to know if one owner had it or if there was more than one owner. I would want to know if the car was a former rental car or if it was used for ride-sharing (like Uber or Lyft). I would also want to know about its maintenance. I would be checking the tires very closely and wanting to ensure all the parts under the hood were still good.

For half the price of new, I'd expect a 2018 KIA with 30,000 miles.  But to be honest, we have the money, so buy longer-lasting used cars like Toyotas.

• Mr. L.

No, No, No, No, No, God No!  

Kia/ Hyundai have come a long way but after 100k miles, No Way!  Especially if it’s got a GDI engine, add a turbo to even worse.  

Try to find a used Toyota Camry or Corolla, the SUV’s are great but the market is tight on SUV’s prices are high. 

no           .

Personally, I wouldn't buy a Kia. It could be brand new out of the box and the answer would still be no.

• JetDoc

TOO MANY MILES!

50,000 mile a year is WAY over average. I would question if that vehicle had routine maintenance at anywhere close to recommended mileage.

Note: 50% of the original price is typical for a 2 year old vehicle in excellent condition. With that high mileage, I wouldn't even look at it for more that 20% of the original price.

I would not buy any used car with more than 50,000 miles on it total.

It was sold in 2017 so it's about 33k miles per year which is nothing for a salesperson or similar. My dad used to drive 50k miles per year as a realtor.

• STEVEN F

Your dad would be the SELLER in this case. He wouldn't even give BUYING that car a FIRST thought.