promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Would you buy a 2018 KIA with 100,000 miles?

Is it too much miles? It's about 50% price of a new car.

31 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

i would if it was below $5,000 hah

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Mystic
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

100,000 seems a little excessive for a 2 year old car. My car is a 2009 and it just has nearly 138,000 miles.

I would have a lot of questions about this car. I would want to know if one owner had it or if there was more than one owner. I would want to know if the car was a former rental car or if it was used for ride-sharing (like Uber or Lyft). I would also want to know about its maintenance. I would be checking the tires very closely and wanting to ensure all the parts under the hood were still good.

• 1 month ago

For half the price of new, I'd expect a 2018 KIA with 30,000 miles.  But to be honest, we have the money, so buy longer-lasting used cars like Toyotas.

• Mr. L.
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

No, No, No, No, No, God No!  

Kia/ Hyundai have come a long way but after 100k miles, No Way!  Especially if it’s got a GDI engine, add a turbo to even worse.  

Try to find a used Toyota Camry or Corolla, the SUV’s are great but the market is tight on SUV’s prices are high. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

no           .

• 2 months ago

Personally, I wouldn't buy a Kia. It could be brand new out of the box and the answer would still be no.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

TOO MANY MILES!

• 2 months ago

50,000 mile a year is WAY over average. I would question if that vehicle had routine maintenance at anywhere close to recommended mileage.

Note: 50% of the original price is typical for a 2 year old vehicle in excellent condition. With that high mileage, I wouldn't even look at it for more that 20% of the original price.

• 2 months ago

I would not buy any used car with more than 50,000 miles on it total.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It was sold in 2017 so it's about 33k miles per year which is nothing for a salesperson or similar. My dad used to drive 50k miles per year as a realtor.

• ...Show all comments
    • STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Your dad would be the SELLER in this case. He wouldn't even give BUYING that car a FIRST thought.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.