Something not adding up?

I paid a total of 349 with the 299 move in going toward the rest of February 2020 rent Can someone help me out im trying to see if I am entitled to my move in special (299) back since I never moved in or signed the lease I had a co applicant that has no rental history and was willing to pay the additional 250 but was then denied because I live on one of the other properties why was I told about the other deposit if I still got denied 

Sounds like you should get at least part of it back.  When you agree to take a place & back out you typically lose any deposit paid to hold the unit. That may not apply since you were denied though.  

The long & the short of it is that you would have to sue them to get any refund unless they agree to it. 

by making a payment, you clearly entered into a month to month contract.  you are legally obligated to follow the law as a month to month tenant.

typically, that means giving 1 full rental month notice that you are terminating the contract.  You may actually owe for all of March.

you were not denied, only your co applicant was.

never pay any rent until you have a signed lease by all parties.

• TAIE2 months agoReport

Thank you my co applicant wasn't denied I was because I live one one of their other properties in which my co applicant isn't on the lease n doesnt live with me..we trying together. I never signed any lease we only did the application. And paid the 299 move in and 50 co applicant fee.. The 349 total

• DEBS

I'd love to help, but your rant is impossible to read with no punctuation and pretty much just one run-on sentence.

If you never moved in, or signed the lease, and you even got denied (because of the co-aplicant), then yes, you are entitled to get the money back.  Try calling up and asking for the money back, explaining it all to them. It might take some work, but they should agree to it, if I'm not missing anything.  If they flat out refuse to give you the money back then you may have to take them to small claims court.  You probably won't get back an application fee (I'm guessing the extra $50 you reference was an application fee) but any sort of move-in special is rent, and you were denied and therefore owe no rent. 

• TAIE2 months agoReport

Thank you!!!