am I entitled at least to the 299 back since that was to move in and I never did nor signed a lease please help because now I feel got?

by making a payment, you clearly entered into a month to month contract. you are legally obligated to follow the law as a month to month tenant.

typically, that means giving 1 full rental month notice that you are terminating the contract. You may actually owe for all of March.

you were not denied, only your co applicant was.

never pay any rent until you have a signed lease by all parties.

• Wilma

Can you prove you paid it? Did the rental people refuse to give you money back?

If you don't have a lease they should give it back. But you might have to hire a lawyer to get it back. They are a business and just keep whatever they want. It's about profit. You gave it to them now they think it's their money. Rental companies do that all the time. Most people will not hire a lawyer.

• TAIE2 months agoReport

I don't have not signed the lease I was told I had the apt but had to pay an additional fee because the co applicant has no rental history I got the money for that but later that night was denied I didn't pay the additional though. But I just wanna know because it's really not sitting right with me 

You'll have to read the application to see if it's refundable.

• TAIE2 months agoReport

Nothing in the app states the 299 not the 50 for the co applicant do frustrating