promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should I believe in god just because most people where I live do?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

So WHAT if you believe in God?

Satan is not an atheist. There are no agnostic demons. They believe in God and (rightly) shudder.

So? So what if you believe in God?

Belief in God alone never saved anyone. Repentance and belief that God came to earth, taking the form of a man to take away the sins of the world, is the only thing that can save you.

The Bible says that Jesus was publicly executed, buried in a tomb that was heavily guarded by Roman soldiers for three days, rose from death and appeared to hundreds of people.

If it was all a sham, how could it survive? 

Why would the apostles willingly go to tortured deaths for something they knew was a lie?

How could it become what it is today? A world-wide belief?

Maybe you should investigate why history was split into two.

Why allow anyone to dictate to you what to think?

Find out for yourself.

Go and fact check.

Don't take my word for it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Doug
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

You should believe in Jesus Christ for eternal life since that's the only way to avoid suffering eternal torment in a literal fire-burning hell.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Doug
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=StgAtwxiix0

• Do you want the tag that God is real?

So, start praying to him every day, dedicating 20/30/40 minutes to the day of prayer for a time, God will reveal himself, and you no longer need someone to tell you that he believes in God, because you will have had the experience with God!

If you don't, atheism will accompany you to hell!

• 2 months ago

Acts 15:11

But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • sarah
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, you need to search for yourself to find God. Here they have a book "mankinds search for God" It helps you to decide which religion actually teaches the truth. www.jw.org

• 2 months ago

You mean should you conform.  That's not believing.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 2 months ago

The AZTECS did that. And offered freshly butchered  human hearts to Quetzlcoatl and prayed for rain. It DID rain, soon enough and often enough that it reinforced their confirmation  bias.

You COULD try asking the local God, It's very simple to do, IF the Local God is rumoured to be INFINITELY Powerful.

Mark Yes and No on opposite sides of a coin, drop it in a clear jar, fasten the lid.Shake the jar while praying

"Oh, whatever Gods DO exist! Should I worship the same God as my neighbors??"

An INFINITELY POWERFUL God can certainly nudge a COIN a few degrees.

Stop shaking the jar, and gaze with reverent awe upon the revealed answer.

• 2 months ago

Yes, because although it would be better if you knew God for yourself, that is a very good start.

Everyone has to know that God is our Saviour and Deliverer - our refuge and strength and a very present help in times of trouble (Psalm 59: 1)  - and when we seek the Lord, He delivers us from all of our fears (Psalm 34:4)

There's nothing wrong with believing in God even when you don't know Him personally yet.  That's the only way to get to know Him - by believing in Him, because scripture says: "He who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6).

So start by believing in God and then seek Him with all your heart while He may be found.  Call upon Him while He is near.  That's the way to have a relationship with God and anyone else also - by spending quality time with Him/them.  

• ...Show all comments
    • Snowbird
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Yes quite right Robert. I never bother responding to Misty 'cause all I have ever seen her write are comments implying there is no God or Christians are Psychiatric cases & so forth.  She reminds me of that woman who was possessed of a spirit and continually followed Paul around being a perfect pest

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, you should believe in God because He is your creator.

• IOM
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You should avoid being brainwashed, that's the main thing. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.