Does a Conscientious Objector still exist in the military?
Watch Hacksaw Ridge. Had know idea someone could enter war without a weapon and still serve. That was back then though. With today's growing technology I'm sure there are others ways one could serve.
But could someone to this day still enter a warzone as a combat medic without a weapon? As Desmond Doss did?
- MrsjvbLv 72 months agoFavorite Answer
Nope. True COs are not permitted to enlist all any longer. And since there is no draft, no one actually tries to do so. In an all volunteer military, you cannot try and claim it once in. Combat medics are required to carry weapons in order to defend their wounded.
- USAFisnumber1Lv 71 month ago
No. If you are a CO you do not join in the first place.
- pit bulls biteLv 72 months ago
no draft since the mid 70s
- TomBLv 72 months ago
In the US, we have a program that started in 1973 with them in mind....
- it is called an all volunteer Military.
- If you object to war or deployments...don't volunteer to join it.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous2 months ago
- 2 months ago
The military has non combatants such as medics, and chaplains (holy men).Source(s): USMC 2002-2006.