Easiest way to swallow large pills?

I'm not very fond of taking pills but i currently have Augmentin for a tooth infection and i'm so scared to swallow the pills in fear it will get lodged in my throat they are very large..

• Linda

I have that same problem and I cannot swallow large pills. I have a pill splitter than cost a few bucks from Walmart and it will cut any pill in half. The other option is a pill crusher and you can take it with sugar or honey to get it down. Good luck!

Source(s): Use it daily

First drink some water then you should place the pill as far back as you can on your tongue. Once you've done that, drink a lot of water but don't swallow it. Tilt your head slightly backwards and then swallow the water and pill. 

Source(s): I've had to take a lot of meds and this is what helps me and it always has worked.
  • Retief

Try crushing them up and putting them in food, or break them into smaller pieces and swallow them.

You actually swallow food bigger than that, it’s more the mental effort thinking about swallowing them. You can cut the, or put them in something like apple sauce and swallow like normal.

Well would you rather take pills or loose a couple teeth.

I get a little anxious when taking large pills, but it only lasts for a couple seconds before and after. Read the directions of the pill if it should be cut up or swallowed etc.

If it has to be swallowed hole I put it on my tongue, get some water in my mouth and then swallow which feels much better than drying to swallow a pill without.

they wouldn't give out a pill that could kill you. They're trying to help you!

Cut it in four pieces and swallow them one by one

You could crush the pills and put the powder in some water and drink it.

• Rick B

Your esophagus is much larger than those pills. Quit being scared, it is baseless.

• Linda
      1 month agoReport

It's not baseless. You can gag on the pills as often happens with me. Pill cutter solves most issues.

Suppositories go in your other end.

• Linda
      1 month agoReport

Funny