Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Did you know there's a man who can communicate with chimps? If you could communicate with a non-human species, which species would it be?

Favorite Answer

Cats...........they tell the most interesting stories. 

• Weasel McWeasel

Thanks Trisha! and thanks for the Valentine!

I communicate with non human species all the time.

There are many ways to communicate that do not involve human languages.  I have 2 dogs, 2 cats and a parrot and I communicate with all of them in different ways, in large part with body language, tone and touch, but also with eye contact.

Each of the species are a little different and respond do different things.  

My dogs are very responsive to eye contact, voice and touch.  They are highly trained for basic household and interaction manners, agility and circus tricks.  They are very good at communicating with me with eye contact, body language and vocalizations.

My cats are less interested in what I have to day but respond very readily to touch and tone and are very good at communicating to me what they want with touch, tone and eye contact.  Mostly about food or being loved on.

My parrot is the smartest of all and communicates with eye contact, expression, body language, tone, touch and also with motion. She has some phsycial gestures that are easy to read and include moving rhythmically with me as a form of bobbing, we dance around together a lot.

All animals communicate, it’s the humans who don’t understand.

I have communicated with many other species as well.  It doesn’t take words.

• steve

I would love to be able to talk to my dog I know he loves me as much as I love him but sometimes he looks so forlorn and I wish I could ask what the problem was and how could I fix it.