promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

FBI surveillance on wifi?

Hi guys. For a few weeks I've noticed in the available wifi networks list on my phone a "FBI Surveillance (govt)". It will be there and then disappear. It's been on my 12 year old daughter's phone too. Has anyone else seen this? I'm in WNY.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I changed the name of mine to Virus Infected. Does it scare people off? No idea.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Enigma
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Someone named their wifi or PC "FBI Surveillance". I've seen other Government law-enforcement agencies too. From what I've read it's basically illegal to do so.

• 2 months ago

That is a phishing attempt to get you to download their virus.

• 2 months ago

I haven't seen it nearby. However, anyone can change their Wi-Fi network name (SSID) to whatever they want. It maybe a neighbor or someone nearby just messing around with his/her network name. If the FBI really was performing surveillance in your area, they would have much more covert ways of doing it.

• Robert J
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Yep, it's not that unusual, just someones odd idea of humour.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kyle
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

nope.  it looks like a scam.  try restarting your phone.  factory reset it if you need too.  take a screen shot of it next time you see it.  go to your local carrier store or if it's an apple or samsung to one of those stores.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.