FBI surveillance on wifi?

Hi guys. For a few weeks I've noticed in the available wifi networks list on my phone a "FBI Surveillance (govt)". It will be there and then disappear. It's been on my 12 year old daughter's phone too. Has anyone else seen this? I'm in WNY.

I changed the name of mine to Virus Infected. Does it scare people off? No idea.

• Enigma

Someone named their wifi or PC "FBI Surveillance". I've seen other Government law-enforcement agencies too. From what I've read it's basically illegal to do so.

That is a phishing attempt to get you to download their virus.

I haven't seen it nearby. However, anyone can change their Wi-Fi network name (SSID) to whatever they want. It maybe a neighbor or someone nearby just messing around with his/her network name. If the FBI really was performing surveillance in your area, they would have much more covert ways of doing it.

• Robert J

Yep, it's not that unusual, just someones odd idea of humour.

• Kyle

nope.  it looks like a scam.  try restarting your phone.  factory reset it if you need too.  take a screen shot of it next time you see it.  go to your local carrier store or if it's an apple or samsung to one of those stores.