promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My AT&T fiber internet 100 will be install next week. Will the tech have to drill a hole in my wall to install the ONT device?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

This depends on where the modem/router will be placed. A box will be placed on the outside of the house for a fiber coil, usually where the old phone box was because that's where the old aerial phone drop wire box was, which will be removed. They use the old hardware on the house eaves for the fiber drop support and take down the old phone "drop". They will use the old phone wire hole through the siding, into an existing "phone jack" inside and mount the ONT there, but the hole will probably have to be enlarged a bit.

If you choose a different router location, then you will need have a hole drilled through the house siding. The fiber from the fiber drop box will be tacked to the house to the new ONT location, and hole drilled and filled with silicone to the ONT which is affixed to the inside wall. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

that depends on other details about your house that we do not know. Other fiber installations require a 110v supply for the unit that converts the fiber line to coax cable. In some, that is mounted inside the house and in others it is outside [is there an available, weather protected outlet where the house's coax cables enter?]

• Eugene Lynch2 months agoReport

There is a smal AT&T box outside my house.

• 2 months ago

If you have lines for AT&T service of ANY kind, they can use the existing hole. If you have a BOX for AT&T service, the hole will be INSIDE the box.

• Eugene Lynch2 months agoReport

Will they install the ONT device in my office or on the side of the house?

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Usually they can use the hole from your last service.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

depends if theres already one drilled

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.