What's the best state: Illinois or Texas?

I want to move and which of the two states are better? I want to go either in Chicago or Austin. I really like a mild climate, not too cold, I'm country music singer and I do shows, Texas would be better, there in Chicago they like country music?

Austin would be a better bet. FYI: Austin has an very large live music scene and country is only one part of it. You would be competing with jazz, folk, rock, punk, even European Renaissance music and metal, to rattle off a few--just so you know. 

Texas does consistently better in annual rankings that appear in publications such as Forbes magazine for best place for business / jobs / lifestyle (generally in the top10).

Illinois has a reputation for trading blows with New Jersey + California for state with highest taxes (particularly on property).

Texas only sees a light dusting of snow every few years. Illinois gets pretty nailed with the stuff every year, presumably because of it's proximity to the great lakes.

Property sales / rental prices look slightly higher in parts of Texas, Illinois appears to have quite a few bargains available (been having a poke around on Realtor 'cos one of my friends wants to drag me over there).

But Texas is the better bet for Business + country music...... it seems to produce more successful YouTubers and their business activities.

Matt from DemolitionRanch lives there, along with his brothers "OperatorDrewski" + "Homemade Everything"... where he runs a vet clinic, a merchandise printing workshop + more.

Also upcoming outdoors YouTubers Rob (LunkersTV) + Justin (LakeForkGuy) hang out there, and operate their "Googan Squad" tackle shop.

DemoRanch, LunkersTV + LakeForkGuy are all mates... and also been known to hang out with a country singer called Granger Smith (who I think also lives in Texas).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPuwaNea1fI

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0QDwol3Uv8

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILdEYWdNY7o

Youtube thumbnail

The guys from "Black Rifle Coffee" also moved en-masse to Texas.

Illinois is largely run by Democrats..... Texas is mostly Republican, has a pretty good governor... and also includes Senator Ted Cruz + Rep. Dan Crenshaw representing them in Washington DC.

• Not Applicable
      1 month agoReport

You were okay until you got to our state "leadership". You can toss Ken "Under Securities Fraud Indictment" Paxton and Dan "Bathroom Bill" Patrick in the trash heap as well.

Texas is better for country music.

Chicago is much bigger than Austin and they have freezing winters.

They both suck.

• Rick

Illinois is TOO COLD !!!!!

Chicago is VERY COLD in winter.

• Edd S
      1 month agoReport

ps if you are thinking about buying a house in Austin get very acquainted with the housing and grounds codes.    Your realtor might not tell you some things that could be very expensive surprises.