promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What are WIFI hotspots?

I never knew of WIFI hotspots until recently at my library. If I bought one myself what would my extra charges be to keep it running. Is it based on how much internet time I use? What should my additional costs be if I get a hotspot?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Generally they're free.  When I went to Florida recently, my hotel wifi was not so good.  But I found out that McDonalds, Starbucks & Target had free wifi.  And I suspect there were others.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Bill-M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A WIFI Hotspot is not something you get.  It is something you log on to.

Lots of business provide FREE WIFI.   Starbucks for example. You go into Starbucks and order some Coffee and Lunch or whatever and you notice a sign that says Free WIFI.   You ask about it and you are provided with the WIFI Password.   You log on and away you go your on the Interent.   No Charge.

That Free WIFI in Starbucks is call a Hotspot.

• 2 months ago

The exact costs/fees will depend on which carrier, plan, and hotspot device you get. There are a lot of variables so there is no way to give you an exact price without more information. You're better off checking your local cell phone providers to see what their rates are.

In general the cell carriers will sell/finance you a mobile hotspot device. You then choose a service plan based on the amount of data you need. They don't charge you on how long you use the service (at least I don't think those plans are very common), but rather on what data plan you choose.

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Most public wifi spots are free, a few you may have to pay for usually charged by time or by the amount of data you use. If you want to set up your own internet cafe with wifi then you would need some premises to own/rent and then speak to an Internet service provider to discuss the business arrangements for a commercial contract for the internet access and equipment

If you want wifi in your home you normally subscribe to a contract with an ISP (internet service provider) who will provide internet access and the necessary wifi equipment

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I'm afraid you can only buy then in Iceland, or any other country that has them. They're like geysers, you see. Very dangerous.

• 2 months ago

probably the places nearby that have wifi

• Sir Caustic
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Jesus...................!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.