promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What medical conditions can make you “lose your voice” or “talk raspy”?

Can’t figure it out. Just started about 3 days ago. Think might be a cold cause I did have runny nose and cough?? Do you think it could be lung cancer? I know people with lung cancer talk raspy. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A cold (you did say you have a runny nose and cough) or an allergy can cause you to "lose your voice" and "talk raspy". Sometimes,  it can happen just from sleeping with your mouth open and breathing through your mouth.

I do NOT think you have lung cancer. Lung cancer wouldn't make you "lose your voice" or talk "raspy" - not until the cancer was VERY FAR advanced.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • LAN
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Stupidity.  The same kind that causes children to post moronic questions in the cancer section.

Nearly all the questions you post are childish chat and nonsense.  Doesn't it bother you to only be known as an idiot?

• Linda
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Laryngitis or a sore throat can all make you talk raspy for a short while. I think it is a bit paranoid of you to jump to the conclusion that you might have throat cancer. It's most likely a cold with a mild sore throat. Drink more fluids and get some extra rest and gargle with warm salt water and you'll be fine in a few days.

• 1 month ago

Laryngitis... which is caused by the same virus that causes croup, so it also causes cold symptoms.  Any common cold can also cause a raspy voice.  Tonsillitis or other throat infections and acid reflux can also cause a raspy voice.  Not sure why you would think it's related to cancer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

thh words yu sa come back tu silenns yu

• 1 month ago

i would go see your doctor about it and get it checked out

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most of us get a raspy voice with a cold.

Cancer ??? Get real.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.