promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Can I avoid a prison sentence by moving to a new country before my court date?

I've been charged and am currently waiting for court dates. Can moving to a new country eraticate my charges?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course not. With pending charges, no country is likely to let you in to begin with. If you do flee pending charges somehow, you can expect to get additional charges against you, and end up with Interpol, FBI, etc, on your tail. Cook your own goose? How about burned to a crisp, incarcerated for the rest of your worthless life?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yes, but the other country has to be willing to let you stay.  

• JerryL
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

you must be a troll  the answer is no more charges will be put on you has a fugitive of the law and then FBI  and CIA will hunt you down and arrest  you so will bounty hunters there be a price on your head.

• james
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Do you have a passport? Then yes. But no jobs there. So out of luck on money. & the will cut off funds from home. Much cheaper for them to let you starve to death there than bring you home to feed you there. Unless you are one of the lucky few that can move 16 million to there private bank were the money does vanish.  The hour before you commit suiside. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Vietnam doesn't have an extradition treaty with the US. However it doesn't want criminals so it probably wouldn't let you in to begin with.

• JerryL
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

he be shot for crossing the border

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That would lead to more problems, not fewer. Not only would you still have the same charges, you would also have an arrest warrant.

• R K
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no. and depending on what you did, they might come get you anyway.. you would need to go to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the country you left.

• 1 month ago

i dont think so, running away might make it worse

• Alex
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. You could move to a non-extradition country and be safe there as long as you don't go to a country that has such treaties with the country your crimes are in...but those charges remain until your statute of limitations expire.

• ibu guru
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Just because the country you flee to has no extradition treaty with the country where you face charges does not mean you cannot be extracted one way or another. 

• 1 month ago

Nope. In addition, those charges would be why any other country would refuse to even let you in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.