Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Please give me some advice?

Every time my step kids come to my house on the weekends, I get so anxious. They are both little and always wanting me to play with them. How can I put my anxiety at ease? 

• Edna

I can't figure out why playing with your little step-kids would make you anxious? What's to be anxious about?

Relax and enjoy them as your own. Little kids are a ball of fun and energy. If they are asking you to play, then it seems they like you as well. Talk to your spouse about your concerns so you will both enjoy the weekends with the kids. Just remember: never be anxious about the next day, each day has its own troubles.

Plan a series of activities to keep them busy. Make it a long list because small kids don't have the longest attention spans. Also feel free to get some help from other parents you know.

dont let them come, its not write or fare to you!

First, stop blaming anxiety, it seems everyone seems to think they suffer from anxiety these days. Anxiety isn't something that just comes up in certain situations, it is something that can throw your whole life out of control and you can't function.

It is normal to feel anxious in near unfamiliar situations such as gaining stepchildren. Ask your husband to help you out and help you get comfortable.

Source(s): lived with anxiety for 30yrs

The return of the comfort troll.

Find fun games for them with minimal adult involvement.