Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 2 months ago

Is it normal to "feel" your organs? ?

It came up randonly in conversation my mom mentiones how its weird that we dont feel our internal organs like we do skin. But like.... I do? Sue kinda just gave me a weird look and tried to re-explain but that only made me mroe confused. 

Is it nornal for people to not feel their organs? Like i can feel inside my organs. I know weather my stomach is full or empty and at what capacity (seperate from hungar) i can feel them all just kinda.. Squished together or feel it move on occasion. I feel my heartbeat not just palpatations but regualr beats. Like its not nearly as sensitive as skin sure but like. Im defiantly always aware of them. Is this normal? 

Sure it's normal. You're just more tuned in to how your body feels. Maybe your mom's idea of "feeling" one's organs means more like being able to sense their size and outlines within her body.

I've got that sensation to I can feel my stomach in my liver and my kidneys.