promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Christians Would you offer this man  food, or turn your back on him? See details.?

The man says he hasn't eaten in a couple days, and is hungry.  A couple of your fellow Christians  (Very, very prominent in the church and very generous about tithing)   say "We know this man, and he is an atheist !!!!. " "He wouldn't appreciate it.!!!!"( very sarcastically ) Would you turn your back on him, or offer him food?

Update:

Ignore ? mark after details.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd offer him food. God loves all of his human children, and so should I.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Atheist or not, it's always right to do good for another.

• 1 month ago

The Gospel tell us to give drink to the thirsty and to feed those that are hungry. Providing a meal even to an atheist is what Christ has called us to do. What better way to make the effects of the Gospel turn to good fruit in our lives. And last I heard, athesist are indeed part of our mission field. Romans 12:17-21

• Retief
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would not ask or care if someone was a believer or not. If he needs help I give it if I can.

I have often given people food on the street - several times someone else got my lunch that day.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Before giving any money, food or drink to someone begging I ask them "Why are you sitting here on this cold pavement."  If their answer is that they have walked out on their parents because they did not see why they should live by parental rules' I have no sympathy nor do I give them anything because they have a home to which they can return.  If I hear a very believable story of genuine hardship I help as much as I can. Sometimes we are duped by these people though but I think we have to risk that being the case occasionally.

• 1 month ago

Give him food of course. And I wouldn't go back to that church.

• ...Show all comments
    • Med 10
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Wouldn't go back to that church?. I may not go as far as that,but I sure would give somebody an ear full

• 1 month ago

I not only would offer him food (like, buy him lunch), but would also give him a free book that would help him see his need of Christ and lead him to know how to obtain salvation. It isn't up to us Christians to decide who will accept the gospel and who should be denied it. I would offer him a copy of Steps to Christ or a small pamphlet like How to Have Eternal Life. Sometimes you have to put cash inside the book to get them to take it, but at least then the Holy Spirit can work on them to encourage them to read it. What else are they going to do with their time when they aren't begging at the street corner?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A right-wing Christian would not feed the person, regardless of them being atheist or not, because it would "foster dependency".

• Justin
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Not true, coming directly from a 'right-wing Christian'

• Justin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

18"If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. 19Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY,” says the Lord. 20“BUT IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM, AND IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM A DRINK; FOR IN SO DOING YOU WILL HEAP BURNING COALS ON HIS HEAD.” 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:18-21).

However, a man isn't considered truly 'hungry' or 'thirsty' if he can afford not to work for his food or drink and chooses to make eating and drinking less of a priority for other 'more important' things, like alcohol, drugs, or even personal politics.

That is why scripture also says this:

10"For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either. 11For we hear that some among you are leading an undisciplined life, doing no work at all, but acting like busybodies. 12Now such persons we command and exhort in the Lord Jesus Christ to work in quiet fashion and eat their own bread. 13But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary of doing good." (2 Thessalonians 3:10-13).

• Probably, but I would want o know more why he is in the condition he is in

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.