promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Shipping time from Estonia to USA?

How long does it take to receive a package from Estonia to the USA? The package was shipped like 15 days ago. The tracking has said origin post is preparing shipment for  12 days now and no update. The shipping method was standard at the post office. Not express or anything. When should I receive the package?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Mamie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You don't actually know that the package hasn't been shipped. You only know the tracking information hasn't been updated.  Most international packages are not well tracked until they clear Customs.  And they might remain in Customs for days or weeks.  There's no way to know when you'll receive the package because there's no way to know how long it will remain in Customs.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Hard to say. I recently received a package here in Canada that came from Lithuania which is close to Estonia. If the sender is to be believed, it was mailed in the middle of December. It got to me in the first week of February. If tracking says 'origin post is preparing shipment', that means the sender is still getting it ready to send. It hasn't been shipped yet.

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In January I ordered two sweaters from Ireland. Supposed to arrive in 1 week. A month later they finally arrived.  Customs, and the NY customs office in particular, apparently. Tracking went through NY USPS and stopped, just as you say.

• 1 month ago

Airmail packages from Europe to the USA generally take about two weeks. Ask whoever sent the package to you to check on it if it does not arrive by Monday.

If it was sent surface mail then it could take months for the package to arrive. . 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.